Monday, June 17, 2013

Bullies are not a fact of life

   I wrote this May 25 2012  



I refuse to believe that bullying is ok. It's not, in no way, shape or form is bullying " part of life".  I will not send my kids to public school so they can " learn to deal with bullies".  I'm suppose to PROTECT my children, not make them "deal" with punks. Telling our children that dealing with bullies is part of life means we are failing as a society. We shouldn't have our children killing themselves because of being bullied at school. When is enough enough? When are we going to stop coddling bullies and start making them learn to deal with society? 
    A few days ago a 7 year old boy killed himself. He was bullied at school, his parents told the school what was happening and NO ONE DID ANYTHING!! He was only 2 year old than my son. His parents tried but they couldn't protect him. We have gay teens being harassed and bullied by religious quack teenagers, their parents and churches. These kids are killing themselves at massive rates! 
  When are we going to stand up for our children? When are we going to stand up against religious fundamentals who are spreading hate?  We're not, we don't want to rock the boat. we don't want to upset the status quo. We are going to have more kids killing themselves, we are going to send our children to schools and hope for the best. 
 What a sad world we live in. Our Country is sick but everyone just looks the other way. No one wants to stand up, no one is willing to rock the boat. But here I am. I'm going to rock the boat, I'm going to flip the boat and dump everyone in it out.  I'm NOT going to teach my children to " deal with bullies". I'm going to teach them to stand up for what is right and you bet I'm going to teach them how to stand up for themselves and others. 
  All I ask is that you stand up with me, rock the boat a bit. Protect your children, protect our children. Talk to your schools tell them you want to help stop bullying. Don't take no for an answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment